Silky Oaks Child Care Centre is a community based, non-profit centre licensed to provide long day care to 54 children per day in our large indoor and outdoor environments. The centre is governed by Silky Oaks Children's Haven which commenced as a children's home in the Brisbane suburb of Toowong in August 1940. In January 1947, Silky Oaks moved to Manly and since that time it has extended its services to families within the local community.
At Silky Oaks Child Care Centre we acknowledge and respect the important role that the family has in the child's life. We believe that each child has the right to feel safe in a loving, caring environment. We strive to encourage children to live in harmony with each other and with their community. We believe our programs should be fun, challenging, educational, and age-appropriate and meet the needs of individual children while being based on sound theoretical knowledge and current research.
Principles of equity, support, participation, belonging, trust, respect, and acceptance underpin the professional implementation of programs and shape our interactions and relationships with children, families, staff, management and community.
Our Mission Statement
Children and families reaching their full potential.
Our Goals are to provide:
- high quality care for children
- an environment in which children have fun, support, love, guidance and encouragement
- the scaffold necessary for all children to achieve realistic, measurable and appropriate developmental goals
- a harmonious and friendly environment that cares for and supports its families
- the promotion of partnerships between staff and families by encouraging collaborative decision making
- an environment of respect for diversity, fairness and social justice
- consistency in staffing, environment and behavioural management